In the spirit of a new blog, here’s a post with just a few completely random facts about me. (To avoid being redundant, I tried to stay away from mentioning stuff that’s mentioned in the About page.) So here we go:
2. My most listened-to album is Freedom by Michael W. Smith.
3. I’m just shy of 6 feet tall. No, I did not play basketball or volleyball in high school. Yes, the weather is much nicer up here. Yes, I will get that cup/bowl/basket/cat/small child down from the high shelf for you. Yes, I will still wear high heels upon occasion.
4. My go-to snack is popcorn. (I’m actually eating some as I draft this post.) I think it ties back into my love for movies — I rarely go to the movies without eating popcorn, especially in the summer. Of course, it could also be my addiction to salt.
5. Speaking of addiction to salt, I think that started in my childhood… I grew up on a ranch, and I used to lick the salt licks we kept in the barn. Sorry, cows, I gots first dibs.
6. My favorite, most re-watched movie of all time is The Mummy, which is Brendan Fraser’s best role, IMO. How can you go wrong? You’ve got some awesome one-liners:
Not to mention an awesome female lead whom I adore:
Sadly, the Internet has apparently not made a gif nor a clip of what may be my most favorite bit of dialogue in the movie:
WINSTON: You know, O’Connell, ever since the end of the Great War, there hasn’t been a single challenge worthy of a man like me.
RICK: Yeah, well, we’ve all got our little problems today, don’t we, Winston?
WINSTON: I just wish I could’ve chucked it in with the others and gone down in flame and glory, instead of sitting around here rotting of boredom and booze.
What’s not to love?
(Besides the third movie, of which we will not speak.)
7. I do not like coffee. Yes, I survived college — though this may or may not be a factor in why I’m neither working as a screenwriter nor as a hard-core journalist, I’m told. I’m gradually developing a taste for tea, but that’s a very recent thing.
8. If I could have any superpower, it would be the power of flight. Hands down. Not even a question. Of course, a combination of powers is always welcome, but flight takes the top spot.
9. I’ve played piano since I was 9. I’m no protege by any means, but I can find my way around a hymn book and quite a collection of classical pieces.
10. Thanks to colleagues at work, I’ve now watched more soccer than I ever have in my life. Because, well…
Let’s face it — I’m American, and I’d rather watch our take on football. Still, after watching a few games, I can’t say I find soccer an exciting sport, but I can definitely appreciate what it takes to be able to run up and down a field for that length of time. I know I couldn’t do it. I’m lucky to jog 3 miles a couple days a week.
There you are — 10 things about me. Feel free to ask questions in the comments if you want to know more. In the meantime, I’ll just be over here, watching The Mummy for the
49th 50th time.